A media player for music no one’s heard of
This module enables Emacs to be used as a music player. It uses mpd as a backend server and mpc to update your music database.
This module has no dedicated maintainers. Become a maintainer?
1.2. Module flags
This module has no flags.
No hacks documented for this module.
This module requires an active MPD server, the MPC utility, and a music library.
3. TODO Usage
This module’s usage documentation is incomplete. Complete it?
- <leader> m l Toggles whether or not the player repeats the playlist.
- <leader> m m Mixes the playlist.
- <leader> m i Insert specific song
- <leader> m s Save the current playlist to a file
- <leader> m p Insert playlist save into current playlist
- g a Sort the browser by artists
- g b Sort the browser by genre
- X Stops the player
- x pauses the player
- D in the playlist window removes that item
- C clears the playlist
- > move five seconds forward in the current track
- < Opposite five back
- RET In browser adds the artist’s songs to the playlist, in the playlist starts playlist.
4. TODO Configuration
This module has no configuration documentation yet. Write some?
5.1. New music files not showing up in database
M-x +emms/mpd-restart-music-daemon. If that doesn’t work restart emacs.
6. TODO Appendix
This module has no appendix yet. Write one?